Pages

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Should you give up after a rejection?

I am sat in another coffee shop half procrastinating. I watched 90210 this morning and am now living in the fantasy world where just by blogging someone will use my I.P to track me down and want to offer me a job, or a book deal.

So it was pretty much a straight up no from Glossybox. I say from Glossybox, the company they are using to shortlist candidates. Which came in the form of a badly worded email. With a no reply email address so I can't even ask for feedback on my application. Or ask why I haven't been selected for interview.

Here in lyes the question, should I just give up on this job? Accept defeat? Or do I go the extra mile? So someone will actually read my application and not just have it run through a piece of software.

The last time I persisted after what seemed like months of hard work tracking people down worked out pretty well. I ended up working on a Hollywood film in the make-up department. 

But how annoying is persistence? Can it lead to someone just being super annoyed with you? Or does it show dedication to the job.

I'm going to use all my detective skills to track down those ever elusive email addresses or really people who can hire me or tell me to come back when I have more professional experience.

I'm now going back to my dream world where blogging on my iPad in a coffee shop will make every thing work out perfectly. And then if it doesn't happen in 5 minutes I'm going to another coffee shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment