Pages

Monday 2 September 2013

Dear GlossyBox UK

And the HR manager who is now sifting though what I can only imagine to be thousands of applications. I made an amazing covering letter with photos but the covering letter box didn't allow them. I spent a lot of time on it so I thought I'd post it here so if you where checking up on my links from my CV you might very well get it see it in its intended glory.

Hi :) My names Lucy and I'd love to work as your Jr. Social media marketing manager.

Like many little girls my first foyer into make was with face paint.

During my time at University I was lucky enough to try my hand at many disciplines. Although I chose special effect make-up as my final major practical piece, as many of the films I worked on had skeleton crews I ended up multitasking on them and also worked in the roles of production assistant, prop-maker, producer, wardrobe. With all of the experience I gain I successfully found employment working in the make-up department of World War Z the Summer before I graduated.


Sometime after the face paint obsession I found eyelash curlers, mascara and eyeliner.

Since graduating I have gained full time employment as a bar supervisor and although I thoroughly enjoy this work, I feel it is time for me to take a leap and start a new career path. I have been asked by employers to help consult on their online presents and have relished the opportunity. As a bartender in a small tourist town I am asked frequently about the best places to go in town and what to do, on a very small scale this is the basics of promotion and marketing.

After years of experimentation with make-up I've created some grotesque creations.

 A few months ago I found a lost dog while I was at work, I took a picture of him and tweeted it. The dog was reunited with owner within a few hours. The picture got nearly 500 re-tweets and I got a box of Ferrero Rocher. A few years ago I would have had to have gone door to door for hours to inform as many people as less than a minute spent on twitter did.

One day I realised make-up is not just for the face, I spent 4 hours painting myself as a Navi.

My biggest social media campaign to date was the indiegogo project I help mange and promote for Loading Cafe/bars move to Soho. I helped with the video concept and execution of the video as well as promoting it on various social media platforms. We didn't meet the target we wanted, but the press we got off it helped to make connections which ended up in us opening the bar in Soho in April of this year.

My biggest beauty mistake was bleaching my eyebrows. Such a big mistake all photo evidence has been destroyed.

P.S. I can start the end of September/beginning of October.


No comments:

Post a Comment