Pages

Sunday 30 November 2014

What the hell am I going to blog about

I really need to get back into this. Not so much a need, but I really really want to.

My dream of a graduate job has slowly melted away, I'm no longer a recent graduate and the prospect of only having one job bores me senseless. I am not a 9-5er. I am very much relishing the freelancer lifestyle.

I am still completely lost in what I actually want to do. Or should that be achieve?

I have recently sacrificed the majority of my social life to go back to running the bar my boyfriend and I own. Although hospitality was never what I wanted to get back into after moving to London last year, at least working for myself is a million times more empowering, albeit more stressful than making money for someone else.

I have now spent nearly a year with the job title "Community Manger" and the company I'm working with is going from strength to strength. In fact it's going so well that our website crashed today because it had more traffic than the servers could handled. I love working for start-ups, my job is varied and I get input into every aspect of the marketing. I also get to do a bit of copywriting here and there and also make redic videos for the website. I have met so many people through it as well.

I'm not sure what direction this blog will take now I'm not applying for five jobs a day and hunting for work 24/7 but I'm sure with time I'll work it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment